ABOUT THE PRACTICE
About The Practice
South East Medical opened in October 2018 following a complete renovation of an old Orthopaedic Clinic.
The aims of the practice are to:
- Provide a comprehensive General Practice Service including childhood immunisations & Specialist Services.
- Give you online access to all of your pathology and imaging results as soon as the doctor has seen them.
- To provide care in fewer & sometimes longer appointment, reducing follow up when possible.
- To fully work-up any issues prior to referral to hospital care for well-defined purposes – you want the specialist to have as much information as possible at the first appointment.
- To Help you improve your overall wellbeing & general health.
- Provide information that enhances health.
- Even on occasion have a bit of fun!
DR RICHARD BEATTY
Dr Richard Beatty holds both a UK and Australian fellowship in specialist general practice and is registered with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency as a Specialist GP. He also trained as a Physician (MRCP Lond / FRACP equivalent) .
He was a GP Principal and GP Trainer in a large practice for 15 years in The UK, and fully embraces Continuing Professional Development.
His ethos is to combine a high level of medical knowledge with a warm approach to patient care.
Dr Richard Beatty graduated from Southampton University Medical School followed by residencies in Southampton, Portsmouth & Winchester Hospitals.
Further Postgraduate Posts at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, in Medicine, Paediatrics, Rheumatology, Infectious Diseases, Obstetrics & Gynaecology. General Practice Speciality training in Cambridge, UK.
Diploma, Awards & Certificates
Registered GP Educator 2007-2012 (East Midlands Deanery GP Trainer)
Monash Certificate in Clinical Occupational Medicine 2014 (Monash)
Diploma Skin Cancer Medicine & Surgery 2014 (Skin Cancer College Australia)
Diploma of Clinical Dermatology 2012 (University College London) – distinction & Michael Klaber Prize
Accreditation in Local Anaesthetic Vasectomy 2012 (FSRH, royal college of Obstetrics & Gynaeology)
Australian Certificate in Aviation Medicine 2014 (ACCAM)
ABOUT THE WEBSITE
Aims, Authorship, Disclaimers & Confidentiality
The aims of the website
To inform the user about:
- Common long term conditions – causes, diagnosis & treatment options
- Usual Medical Practice that as recommended in major national & international guidelines
The website’s intended audience are members of the public who are interested in learning about evidence-based approaches to common long term conditions.
The website does not accept or host any advertisement. There is no external funding source, and The site is 100% funded by Dr Richard Beatty. There is no commercial interest in the contents of the website, and no commercial link to any of the treatments mentioned.
The site does not replace the advice of a health professional. The information is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own doctor. View detailed disclaimer page.
The information is authored and reviewed regularly by Dr Richard Beatty. Please note that medical information rapidly changes and therefore some information may be out of date.
The personal information collected from the visitors of our website, including their identity, remains confidential. We respect the law(s) on confidentiality applicable to this website (hosting country) and we will never pass on these data to any third party, unless required by law.
Cookies are used on the website. You may block these cookies and the whole website is still accessible when these cookies are blocked. To unblock cookies, follow these simple instructions on ehow.